Cryptocurrency & Trading: Key Issues for Lawyers
Stephen Turner Lawyers of Tomorrow
Welcome to the Lawyers of Tomorrow Podcast.
In this episode of the Lawyers of Tomorrow Podcast I interview Jonathan Price, a barrister, former venture capitalist and current business and law lecturer, and the chairman of a Fin-Tech start-up, BmyBit, https://bmybit.com/, about the white-hot topic of cryptocurrency.
Jonathan and I cover the following:
– what is cryptocurrency?
– how is cryptocurrency created?
– how do I trade cryptocurrency?
– different types of cryptocurrency
– What is the difference between bitcoin and altcoins
– what is decentralised ledger technology
– what is a decentralised ledger
– cryptocurrencies investing risks
– dangers of cryptocurrency trading
– why do they call it cryptocurrency: how
is cryptographic technology involved in cryptocurrency
– cryptocurrency regulation explained
– ico regulation explained
– what are smarts contracts; blockchain
– how do ICOs work
Jonathan introduces his new fin tech start-up, bmybit.com which is developing a cryptocurrency & trading platform of tools to allow investors to trade in cryptocurrency and other commodities.
bmybit.com has been designed to make arbitrage – the process of exploiting differences in the price of cryptocurrencies on various exchanges – a lot easier for investors than it is currently.
Finally, Jonathan assesses what effect the crackdown by regulators on cryptocurrencies will have on the development of the new blockchain-based technologies.
TO CONNECT WITH JONATHAN OR LEARN MORE ABOUT bmybit.com
WHAT DID YOU THINK OF THIS VIDEO? If you liked it, please ‘like’ and subscribe and please comment below to let us know what you think.
If you would like me to cover something of interest to you in one of my videos, then leave a comment below this video.
ARE YOU TAKING LAW EXAMS? Law students download your copy of:
FREE GUIDE TO LAW EXAMS
10 Powerful Exam-Busting Techniques to Increase Your Exam Score by 10%